" The wisdom of the wise, and the experience of ages may be preserved by quotation."
I started using quotations to inspire journal writing years ago, have favorite books of collections of quotes and a notebook of inspirational quotes from books I've read. For years, I've turned to a quote when I feel unmotivated to write or feel stalled or find myself chewing on an issue or concern. A good quote always gets me going again.
So one? The most inspirational? These are some of my current favorites...
- "Things do not change; we change." ~Henry David Thoreau
- "The old woman I shall become will be quite different from the woman I am now. Another I is beginning." ~ George Sand
- "Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are." ~ Bernice Johnson Reagon
- "Living is a constant process of deciding what we are going to do." ~Jose Ortega y Gasser
- "No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap." ~Carrie Snow
- "Life only demands from the strength you possess. Only one feat is possible - not to have run away." ~Dag Hammarskjold
- "We have enough people who tell it like it is - now we could use a few who tell it like it can be." ~ Robert Orben
- "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." ~Henry Ford
and...."Be kind - everyone is fighting a hard battle."